Tigers are one of the most beautiful animals. Tigers were around more than 1.8 lakhs a year ago on the earth. Global Tiger Day is also known as International Tiger Day. On 29th July International Tiger Day is celebrated every year to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues. Here you will get much more interesting fact about tigers.
If you want to read 12 interesting fact about tigers read below
1) Tigers are the largest cat species in the world and the height of the tiger is up to 70 cm to 120 cm, length is up to 3.3 meters and weight is up to 300 to 380 kg.
2) The tiger’s tongue is rough and sharp it also called papillae. These papillae give the tongue a rough surface which helps the tiger to strip feathers, fur, and meat from prey.
3) The most common tiger in the world is the Bengal tiger. It is also known as the Royal Bengal tiger and the second largest living tiger species.
4) The age of wild tiger living is 20 to 26 years. Survival is not easy for cubs; more than 50% of cubs do not survive more than 2 years the survival rate is very low. This is the reason why the tiger population is decreasing so fast.
5) Adult tigers generally love to live alone because of their nature. He cannot see another tiger in his own territory. Basically, every tiger has its own territorial.
6) Tigers are not like other cats mostly cats don’t like water but tigers are very good swimmers and actually, they like water. Tigers can jump more than 35 feet in a single leap.
7) When tiger cubs are born they are blind and after 10 to 14 days they open their eyes.
8) When tiger cubs grow at the age of 6 months then they start hunting but till the age of 18 months old cubs hunt with their mother and after 18 months they hunt alone.
9) Tigers tell their presence through urinating ( scent marking), scratching the tree, visual signals, and lots of sounds like roaring, moaning, mews, etc.
10) Tiger stripes are like human faces. Each tiger strip has a different stripe pattern. There is no same stripe pattern in 2 tigers.
11) Tiger legs have very soft toe pads which help them to walk silently toward their prey and with the help of soft pads they hunt very easily. Tiger can travel 10 to 20 km over a night for his prey.
12) To identify the age of the tiger is very simple we have to notice on the tiger-nose color young tiger-nose color is pink and keep darken blackish- brown as they grow.